Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CoCo's Guide to Facebook Etiquette.


I spend a lot of time on Facebook and while I'm on this social mindfuck, I have recently developed pet peeves that drive me fucking crazy. So, I decided to share a few etiquette lessons on keeping your Facebook experience delightful without looking like a dumb ass.

Don't be a comment bomber. This is the absolute worst thing. It happens when you make a status about a specific thing, i.e.: "Oh shit, my cat just died. :(" or "Best Coast is just the best band ever for loving cats!" and some douche, usually a relative, comments "OMG girl, love you! How have you been? Remember in elementary school when we ate paste together!?" Unacceptable.

Don't make excessive relationship statuses. This happens daily when you have freshmen girls for friends. I don't need to know that you're fucking missing your boy, or that he broke your hymen or heart, or whatever the fuck just happened, okay? I just need to know that you can shut the fuck up.

Don't add me as a friend if: I never spoke to you in high school. If that's the only thing we have in common then chances are I hate you. If I've only spoken to you once in a class, that means we aren't going to be besties.

Put your parents on super limited profile. It's nice that they want to share experiences with you while you're in college or away living in the real world, but I don't need them getting all up in my business and passing judgment on me.

I hope these tips help you on the path of self discovery and help make your Facebook experience more pleasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment